SIDS and Kids is dedicated to saving the lives of babies and children during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood and supporting bereaved families.
We aim to support families throughout New Zealand in a number of ways including:
- Support, represent and advocate for parents and families who have experienced the sudden and unexpected death of a baby or child during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood
- To provide current information and resources to parents and families around safe sleeping and bereavement support
- Provide training, support, education and other services to parents, families, volunteers, peer supporters, health care professionals, carers and the greater community.
- Liaise and support parent groups and the community who work in the area of sudden and unexpected death of a baby or child.
- To coordinate public awareness campaigns around safe sleeping practices.
To find out more about the work of SIDS and Kids please contact us on 0800 164 655.