How to Sleep your Baby Safely:
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult caregiver for the first six to twelve months
6. Breastfeed baby
Safe Sleeping resources
You can download the following Safe Sleeping resources as a PDF by clicking the images below:
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping app
The SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping application provides new and expectant mothers, carers and health care professionals with vital information on how to sleep baby safely and reduce the risk of sudden unexpected death in infants and fatal sleeping accidents. It also includes valuable information on Tummy Time and Safe Wrapping and links to our FAQs and the SIDS and Kids website for further information and support.
Languages: English, Maori, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindi and Arabic.
Click below to download the app through the App Store or Google Play.
The Wiggles perform 'Sleep Safe, My Baby' to promote Safe Sleeping
Watch The Wiggles perform their song ‘Sleep Safe, My Baby’.
To talk to an educator about safe sleeping contact FreePhone 0800 164 455.